Beef with Oyster Sauce is a classic Chinese beef stir fry recipe. It is a strongly-flavored dish, and among all beef stir fry recipes, is one of the easiest dishes to make. The total preparation time for Beef with Oyster Sauce will typically not take more than 30 minutes. For weight loss and those with high cholesterol, remember to use lean cuts of beef and trim off the fat.
Beef in Oyster Sauce Recipe
– 4 ounces lean beef flank, thinly sliced against the grain
– 1 1/2 tablespoons cooking oil
– 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
– 1 tablespoon dry sherry/dry white wine
– 1 tablespoon soy sauce
– 2 stalks scallion, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
Combine the beef with the wine and soy sauce and marinate for 20 minutes. Heat up a wok with the oil. Add the beef and stir-fry for 1 minute or until the redness is gone, then add the oyster sauce and scallion. Continue to stir-fry the beef until desired level is reached. Remove from heat and serve with rice.